Update by user Dec 24, 2016

All we wanted was for general rv, to be professional and match up our truck to a toy hauler we could pull legally and safely with our truck, they put a hitch in my truck.Not lie to us by saying, ( Chris uritestu I'm going to give you a truck for 60 days we were told this lie ) chris should have said I screwed up we need to talk to my boss.

And took the trailer back and sold us one that was legal and safe. We went there because they were family owned, and this is how they train their employees. He has never even said I'm sorry but he still works there,so he can do it to someone else.

Great Family Owned Business.Not.....

Original review posted by user Dec 22, 2016

Very bad experience with our sales person, Chris Uritescu, at General RV.He's very deceitful.

He lied to us many times, for example when I asked if my F250 would legally pull our 2016 Voltage, Chris Uritescu told us yes you're fine. After using our camper 3 times I found out we are over on the axle weight, which null and voids my Insurance if I get in an accident and null and voids my warranty. My truck is not legal or safe to pull that trailer on the highway or any other road. We went to Chris Uritescu and asked him to show us, in writing, the weight limits that prove my F250 could pull the Voltage.

He never did. Three days later he tells us he had an F350 he inherited and would give it to us and that we could not go to his boss about any of it. After 60+days of him telling us evey 3 days he would drop off the truck we then went to the general manager. The GM, Jason, said "we are sorry we have protocols in place so this does not happen but somehow this one fell through the cracks".

He then said General RV would help us upgrade our truck because we now need a dually 350. Now General RV offered us only $3,000 to upgrade our truck. We're on a strict budget, we budgeted the truck and the camper. We were supposed to leave in the spring on our life adventure of full-time rving which Chris knew from day one.

He knew what truck we had as they had to put a hitch in it. During the instructional walk around, I again asked Chris are you sure this truck will be able to pull that trailer legally. He goes inside and comes back out saying you're fine, no problem pulling that trailer. So now we have a $70,000 camper, might as well be a paper weight, unless we foot the bill for a new truck.

I guess the only other alternative is to hire an attorney. Not exactly what I wanted to do but I feel I have no choice now. Chris Uritescu knew exactly what our truck was and what he should have sold us. As a professional he should have not sold us that overweight trailer.

He should not have tried to cover it up by stringing us along for 60-plus days saying he would give us a truck for free, no cost to us, because he felt bad. All we wanted was a safe legal camper to go with our truck to do our life long dream. It's not right that we have a camper we can't use because Chris just wanted to make the sale. He did not care about our safety or anyone else's.

We asked about General RV taking the rv back, paying it off in full, and starting over.

General RV said we would have to talk to their attorney.I can't believe how Chris uritescu treated us.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $70000. Digger1300 is overall dissatisfied with General Rv Center. The most disappointing about general rv center sales representative at General Rv Center was chris uritescu being so deceitful Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about General Rv Center.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Dealers category for more informed decision or compare General Rv Center to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with General Rv Center?

Comments

Almost every RV dealer will say "your truck can pull anything on our lot" They lie all the time. It can be a little difficult to figure out what your truck can tow, but it is your responsibility to know your tow ratings.

#1319542

I recently purchased a Used RV in Wixom.The Steve Majors Lied to us SEVERAL times.

They sold me a 2013 Toy Hauler that was Water Damaged so badly the floor was rotted.

Save yourself !!Don't trust them.

Farmington, Michigan, United States #1294509

Up date for General Rv

The General manager tried to make it right, stored our camper for a while. Gave us money to help us get the right truck and winterize car camper so all is good in the hood

Bellville, Ohio, United States #1261123

You did not know your truck limits? You are as much to blame as he his, I would think anybody would know you need a 1 ton or more.

Waterford Township, Michigan, United States #1261006

I have dealt with General for over 30 yrs and do not have one bad thing to say I Don't know your Salesman but I do know that I is not the salesman's job to make sure you could pull the unit. It is up to you to know the towing capacity of your Truck and to then find a unit In that weight Range. I don't agree with the salesman for not saying you might want something and then stringing you along but most of the responsabilty lies on you for not knowing what you truck could pull and the only good way to do that is research your serial number through a Ford Dealer because they all aren't rated the same way due options