My family and I love to camp, and I felt it was time to upgrade from the pop-up. Dave Gilletine at GENERAL RV answered the phone Monday, March 18 and became my salesman. I was very upfront with the money I had available to put down ($1500) and for monthly payments. He assured me he had just the trailer for me and could meet my monetary needs. I proceeded to travel the 1.5 hours to his store that evening. I loved the unit and was asked to put $100 down to ensure they didn't sell it. I was then referred to the finance man Brent Reynolds to apply for a loan. I gave my information on Mon. Mar. 18. and waited. After hearing nothing, I called on Sat. the 22 and talked with a manager to see what was going on. Tim Nicholas took my call and assured me he would look at my deal and call me back: which he never did. The following week I called again and was told I had been approved for the loan and it was $144 a month for 10 years. I was disappointed, but moved forward with the salesman. We continued to make offers and counter 3 times (Me: $120 Them: $129 12 years Me: $125 Them: $125 for 2 years and $129 for he remaining 10 Me: NO THANK YOU PLEASE REFUND MY DEPOSIT Them: $125 for 12 years all in/DEAL). At this point (April 4) we had a deal in place and I began making arrangements. I needed to make room for the new RV and listed my pop-up on craigslist, it sold in one day! The week before my scheduled appointment for pick-up and our walk through (April 22) I called twice to confirm the time and necessary paperwork needed. I was told to bring the remaining $1400, that was it. I then called on Friday the 21 to get the information to have the RV insured before I brought it home. All the information, including the vin # and financial institution, were provided. After insuring the camper I was told "there was a problem with the deal". I was then asked to pay $159 a month for 10 years or no deal. This was not the deal they verbally agreed to. They NEVER even had me approved for 12 years. It was a lie that cost me.

Had an Experience with General Rv Center?

Comments

We drove our travel trailer home two weeks ago.The finance guy called yesterday and said the credit union we signed with isn't taking us now.

There was a "snafu" in his words. Then he went on to say that while talking on the phone with this CU, there was another one by him that heard his conversation. (how does that happen?). This CU said they'd take on our loan and lower the rate by 2%.

(how does this happen?). I am calling the first CU on Monday to see what the "snafu" is.

Chances are General will be driving up to our place to get their camper!So, there's a camper in our yard we don't own, but have insurance on.

Sterling Heights, Michigan, United States #640414

We always desire to try and secure the best financing possible for all of our customers.We are sorry we were unable to meet your financing needs in this particular instance.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, we would be happy to.Please contact us at 888-436-7578, our Director of Finance would be happy to speak with you.