Tampa, Florida
1K views 2 comments

We bought a new 2015 Sanibel 3601 on Feb.10 from General RV in Dover (Tampa), FL, and were unable to take it off the lot because the front slide mechanism was damaged and it was not safe to move it.

It's now Feb. 28 and we still don't have possession because it's "close to being fixed...", according to what the operations manager emailed us "...but we have you scheduled to pick it up on Wed., March 4...". We don't trust that it's fixed properly so we hired an RV Inspector to accompany us to make sure that everything is functioning as it should. We provided to him a video and photos of the malfunctioning slide and he believes it sit on the lot for months with the slide partially open and possibly has mold inside.

- Back story: We discovered the malfunctioning slide as we did the PDI but were told by the service manager that it "just needs an adjustment". Foolishly, we believed him and went inside to sign the contract. When they moved it from their gated area to the outside lot, the slide was open and we were rushed to move our items from our trade in to the Sanibel. Unfortunately for us, it didn't close any better than it had before.

In Florida, there is not a Lemon Law for rvs and a contract becomes valid at signing, not at taking physical possession. So we're stuck with this unit. We're a retired couple so making a legal issue out of this would be financially impossible for us. Note: during all the time they were attempting the repairs, we only received one update, on Feb.

13. It took many calls to Forest River to finally prompt someone at GRV to contact us...the first contact being an email on Feb.

26.Extremely poor customer service by GRV!

Review about: 2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with General Rv Center?

Comments

Mary Wals
Tampa, Florida, United States #952150

What a shame you bot had to go through this. You are correct, s a retired couple they have you between a rock and a hard place. Hopefully, others take note and stay away from this dealership.

FB Friend
Holiday, Florida, United States #952126

A good customer should only need to be patient so long. Shame on General RV for putting this couple through such a nightmare.